Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Vintage, lace and sort of distressing

Happy Wednesday everyone! The middle of summer and somehow I have managed to catch a cold. Just special that way I guess! I did manage to make up a card on Sunday though and am entering it into the Mo's digital pencil challenge which is vintage, lace and distressing. Well, I am real happy with lace cause I LOVE lace, I have hoarding problems with it, etc etc but the vintage and distressing well...



My "attempt" at vintage and distressing is to use softer colors than I normally do and I added distress ink in vintage photo to all of the edges. Her apron looks a little bright in this picture but it does match the soft rose pink in the papers better irl. I have added some prima epoxy dots at the bottom, a little decoration from my new silhouette behind the sentiment and some brown ribbon on the side. Hope you guys like the new format on my blog. Gotta change it up every once in awhile ya know!

Challenges I am entering
Mo's Digital pencil  vintage, lace and distressing
A spoonful of sugar  Pink and brown
Sketch Saturday  sketch

15 comments:

Elaine L. said...

Very pretty! I love the papers you've used and the floral embellishments across the bottom. Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

Elaine L. said...

I just noticed your blog title! My blog is Cards, Cats, and Collections!

Sharon said...

Your card is absolutely fabulous. Love the design thereof, your vintage look is gorgeous and your colouring is superb! Good luck with the challenge. Sharon x

Lisa Jane said...

oh its gorgeous - love the vintage feel. The little epoxy dots are fab
Lisa x

Clare said...

Wow Amanda your card is totally gorgeous!!!. Im so sorry you have gone and got yourself a summer cold hun. Hope you are feeling real better soon. Big hugs Clare xxx

Christine said...

Amanda, what an amazing card! It turned out absolutely beautiful!

Christine said...

Oh, and kick that cold in the butt! Summer colds are no fun :( Then again, what cold is? lol

Julie said...

Oh my goodness lady,how adorable is this card! Love the vintage elements,I just can't do vintage lol! Have a great day,Julie x

Dorcas said...

I really love this image and you've done so well with it. I’m so glad you got a chance to play with us at Mo’s!
Hugs,
Dorcas

Anita said...

This is beautiful Amanda. I love that sweet image and your coloring is beautiful, as always. Love the lace and that ribbon is so pretty. Feel better soon!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is adorable, sweet image and pretty colours.
luv
Debby

Faye said...

oh, how superb. That border looks scrummy and the whole thing has a pretty, rustic feel. Very nice. xxx

Bente said...

Such a cute card, lovely colors and details.
Thanks for joining us at SS this week.
Hugs, Bente

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amanda. I love this card. She is just so cute and you have done a fantastic job of coloring her. Love your vintage feel. I also love the new look to your blog. Very nice. Hugs, Lisa

Patty Sue 2 said...

I don't know how I missed this card. It is fabulous! I love the image and your vintage looks great to me. Your coloring is amazing.