Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hambo submissions

Hey everyone, just a quick post to show you a couple of cards I made up for the Hambo stamps dt try outs. Have always loved their stamps and the sentiments are truly hysterical. I made a card for my supervisor when she was ill (remember I am a nurse) that said "Sorry to hear you're not feeling well" on the front and when you opened it it said "Dibs on your organs!" Now I find that hilarious and my supervisor did too, my husband thinks we are all cracked in the head so he didn't get the joke. Anyways, these are my submissions for the dt applications, the first one I made is for my nephew, we are Pittsburgh Penguins fans around here so I tried to go with the gold and black. Added some glossy accents to his helmet and skates and colored him with my copics but the coloring seems a little washed out in this photo. Still need to practice with the camera and lighting more I guess. I thought the striped paper reminded me of a referee so there ya go.

My next card is for my niece for her birthday and inside it says "Hope this card puts a spring in your step" or it will once I print it out! I actually used some xmas paper from last year for the background but I thought the blue, lavender and white was pretty. I also used some felt I got from etsy and my flower dies from PTI. Ta da! I even did a little colored pencil and OMS around the bunnies to make them pop. Okay, well wish me luck and I will let you know when I hear. I do have to say they have been extremely good at keeping us updated on progress which is very considerate. Also check out their new challenge blog, the blinkie is on my sidebar and they will be starting next month.


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

Both are sweet as can be!

The Spotted Chick said...

SHUT UP! I'm in LUUUUUUV!! That little fellow is SO darn cute!! And those referee stripes on the side, oh my - you are too CLEVER! I LOVE Hambo Stamps and that sentiment "dibs on your organs" cracks me up every time. Must be a girl thing, huh? LOL! FABULOUS cards Amanda! Thanks for playing along in my That's Krafty Thursday challenge! {{{hen hugs}}}

Shana said...

These are just too cute! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again this week for our big Birthday Celebration!

Pami said...

Hi Amanda, I think these are so fabulous!! They did make me smile which is what it's all about isn't it! I love thatbalck and white paper background. Pami x

Patty Sue 2 said...

Both of the cards are fantastic. Hambo would be so lucky to get you as a DT member. You will bring so much talent to any DT. I LOVE your work!